- Events in 2017
- Abergwili Extension Update
- Gwili Railway urgently seeking new volunteers
- Trip Advisor Certificate 2016
- Extra Steam Taster date 20 May 2017
- 15/4/17 2017 Murder Mystery is SOLD OUT
- Classic Transport Event - Plan your day
- Support the Gwili Railway by purchasing the Old Signal Box DVD. Only £6
- Santa's Magical Steam Trains 2017
The Final Push
New platform at Abergwili Junction
Work continues on the Abergwili Junction extension as we move into the final exciting phase of this development.
The last 1/4 mile of trackbed has now been graded and over 500 tonnes of ballast has been spread at the platform and trackbed heading north towards the present rail head.
Track laying will commence on the 25th September with the aim of laying the rails to the Abergwili Junction site after an absence of 37 years, the rails having been lifted in 1977!
Further down the line (towards Bronwydd) the track has been run through with a Plasseur Tamper, the largest machine ever to visit the railway. Dips have been corrected, levels adjusted and ballast packed. The track still requires some adjustment but is now generally in good shape.
Attention is now turning to some of the important finishing touches, such as the GWR style "Abergwili Junction" sign so that our passengers know where they are! This has recently been installed.
No date has yet been set for the opening but the job list is getting shorter!