Group travel at Gwili Steam Railway
Bring your group to visit Gwili Steam Railway
Mid-way between Swansea and Tenby, Gwili Steam Railway is a standard gauge heritage railway, in Carmarthenshire, known as the Garden of Wales. Just half an hour off the end of the M4, Gwili Railway offers a friendly stop off for groups touring South West Wales.
We are a popular stop off for groups from across the UK and overseas. Regular visitors include pilgrims visiting Skanda Vale, Women's Institute groups, Historical Societies, coach companies and specialist tour operators from continental Europe and as far afield as Australia and the USA.
Reasons to visit
- Competitive discounts for group travel (driver and courier go free)
- New extension opening 2015, extending the line to Abergwili Junction, Carmarthen
- Our unique hosted visits with a colourful telling of the history of the railway from our resident historian, Jeremy John
Your visit includes:-
- A nostalgic trip by steam train or heritage diesel alongside the picturesque Gwili River
- An entertaining talk about the role of the railways in the development of the local area
- Take a tour of the 18xx Signal Box
- Visit the small museum
- Visit the engine crew on the footplate
- Ride on the miniature railway
- A tour of the Travelling Post Office
- Display of Victorian locomotives and carriages
- Riverside picnic site
- Coach parking
Popular add ons:-
- Welsh Elevenses - tea or coffee with Bara Brith (literally 'speckled bread', a traditional Welsh fruit cake) or
- Afternoon Strawberry Cream Tea served on the Bronwydd Belle our vintage dining car on the steam train (selected days)
- View the Carriage and Wagon restoration shed (selected days)
We offer a 10% discount on our Strawberry Cream Teas for groups of between 10 and 20 people.
Contact our friendly team to get a visit tailored for your small group or coach party 01267 238213 (Monday to Friday 10-4) or send an email enquiry, click here.