Gwili Steam Railway
The Gwili Steam Railway is a tourist railway run entirely by volunteers and is often called the 'Friendly Line'. We pride ourselves on being helpful to all and will do what we can to make your visit enjoyable.
Due to the nature of our operation, some aspects contain areas which are not accessible to wheelchair users. If you have a specific requirement, please telephone beforehand, so that the Booking Clerk is aware of your visit. We will make the necessary arrangements for you.
The Railway is approached off the B4301 road approximately 300m from its junction with the A484. Entry to the Railway is adjacent to the Signal Box.
There are three dedicated disabled parking places to the left as you enter
the Car Park.
Bronwydd Arms Station
• The Car Park at Bronwydd Arms is level and part tarmac finish.
• There are toilet facilities at the North end of the Car Park, which includes Disabled and Baby Changing Facilities.
• A disabled toilet is available at Llwyfan Cerrig Station.
• The Signal Box is accessed via ten steps and is not wheelchair accessible.
• Access to the platform is via a tarmac path which runs behind the Signal Box.
• The platform has a tarmac finish with a ramp from the path to the platform.
• The Booking Office is located in the Station Building, which also doubles as the souvenir shop. There is one step into the shop. The shop is not wheelchair accessible, but staff will assist passengers where necessary.
• A disabled compartment is available on the train. Notify the booking office clerk, on your arrival, of your requirements and he/she will arrange for the train guard to be informed. Please advise the Guard where you intend to get off of the train.
• A ramp is available for train access.
• The train ride is approximately 10 to 15mins.
The train stops on its way to Danycoed Halt and again on its return.
• The platform surface is tarmac.
• The station building can be accessed by wheelchairs.
• A disabled toilet is available at this station and doubles up as a baby
• All toilets have level access off of the platform.
• A path leads to the wishing well behind the station building.
• A tarmac path, which has a hand rail, leads onto the picnic site.
• The picnic site is grass and a little uneven in places.
• Access to the Miniature Railway and to the Catering Outlet is via a ramp at the platform and a boarded crossing.
• The Miniature Railway is not accessible to passengers in wheelchairs.
•Catering facilities are normally available from the catering outlet adjacent to the Miniature Railway.
• A list of food and drinks, which are available, may be found outside of the outlet. The catering staff will bring refreshments to passengers should they wish.
• The Upper Picnic Site is accessible via fifteen steps and is not suitable for wheelchairs.
The Gwili Railway Company Ltd can accept no liability for failure to operate advertised services or attractions.